We get it. A chipped or broken tooth probably isn’t the highlight of your year. But it is by no means the end of the world! Damaged teeth are very common and affect people of all ages. Fortunately, today’s crowns are realistic, durable and more convenient than ever. Once in place, no one will ever have to know you have a crown.
Crowns used to have a bad rap, because in the past getting one was a multi-step process that involved several trips to the dentist. However, new technology has dramatically changed the process, decreasing the time while increasing the accuracy and results.
Smiles by Burgess is proud to offer this cutting-edge CAD/CAM technology to design, create and place crowns all on the very same day. Our on-site TS150 Milling Machine is fast, efficient and accurate, providing a quick turnaround for patients that are candidates for same-day crowns.
How It Works
First, we take several high-definition images and measurements of your teeth and gums. The data is then used by an on-site milling machine to create a custom porcelain crown on-site. Once ready, we’ll seat it, matching the color to your current or desired shade. The entire process takes approximately three hours, and you’ll leave with a natural, healthy smile.
Benefits of Same-Day Crowns
Not all patients are candidates for this procedure, but for those that are, same-day crowns offer many benefits including:
- Convenience – There is no need to schedule multiple appointments or make several trips to the dentist. One single visit accomplishes the task from start to finish.
- Fast – This process is quick, which is especially important in the event of an unexpected chip or if you have a special event coming up and you’d like the crown in place beforehand.
- Natural-looking – The porcelain crowns look natural, and with multiple shade options we can match your natural teeth color.
- Custom Fit – Same-day technology is so advanced, it accurately measures and creates a crown that is an exact, custom fit for your mouth. Not only is this more comfortable for you, but it looks better, too.
- No Need for Temporary Restoration – There is no need for uncomfortable or inconvenient temporary restorations to put in place while you wait. This results in less discomfort time and fewer injections overall.
- More Natural Tooth is Saved – Crowns allow more of your natural tooth to be saved (a preferred alternate to having it pulled).
- Durable – Same-day crowns have the same or better long-term durability as those made from traditional off site labs, and can last up to 20 years!
To find out if you are a candidate for same-day crowns, or to schedule a consultation contact us today.